Stamford Hospital is a Planetree Designated® Patient-Centered Hospital. Hear from hospital staff about this distinction and what it means for you as a patient.
Patient-centered care is the core of a high quality health care system and a necessary foundation for safe, effective, efficient, timely, and equitable care.
Stamford Hospital believes:
• We are all caregivers.
• We are all human beings, caring for other human beings.
• Caregiving is best achieved through kindness and compassion.
• Safe, accessible, high-quality care is fundamental to patient-centered care.
• In a holistic approach to meeting your needs of mind, body, and spirit.
• Families, friends, and loved ones are vital to the healing process.
• In access to your health information in a way that’s easy to understand.
• In the opportunity for you to make personal choices when it comes to your care.
• Physical environments can enhance healing, health, and well-being.
Illness can be a transformational experience for you, your loved ones, and your caregivers.
What does this mean for you as a patient?
• You’re an individual to be cared for, not just a medical condition to be treated.
• You’re a unique person with diverse needs.
• You and your loved ones are our partners, sharing knowledge and expertise that’s essential to your care.
• Access to easily understandable health information is essential in empowering you to participate in your care. The hospital takes full responsibility for providing you access to that information.
• The opportunity for you to make decisions is also essential to your well-being. The hospital gives you these opportunities and respects your choices.
• Each staff member is a caregiver, whose role it is to meet your needs.?