Stamford’s 4th of July fireworks show at Cummings Park has been rescheduled from Thursday to Saturday, July 5th. But the same parking and traffic rules still apply. As of 3 p.m. Saturday, there will be no parking on Shippan Ave. from Wallace Street to the Magee Ave. intersection. At 8 p.m., the intersection of Shippan and Magee Ave. will be closed to southbound traffic. And at 9 p.m., Shippan Ave. from Wallace Street and Magee Ave. will become one way roads northbound only. For more parking restrictions and traffic flow exiting the park, read below. Entertainment begins at the park at 6 p.m., followed by the fireworks show at 9. For more information, visit the City’s website at stamfordct.gov.
• No parking either side of Shippan Ave. from Wallace St. to the Magee Ave. intersection as of 3 P.M.
• No parking on the left side of Iroquois, Wampanaw & Rippowam Rd. as of 3 P.M.
• No parking on the south side of Myrtle Ave. from the intersection with Elm St. to #162 Myrtle as of 3 P.M.
• At 8 P.M. the intersection of Shippan/Magee will be closed to southbound traffic. Resident only access at that time. At 8:30 P.M. Magee Ave. will be closed to traffic.
• At 9 P.M. ,Shippan Ave. from Wallace St. north will become one way northbound only (2 lanes). Magee Ave. will be one way northbound only (2 lanes).
After the Show
• Traffic exiting Shippan Point will be directed north onto Magee Ave. and west onto Jefferson (Urban Transitway) for access to Canal St., Atlantic St. Washington Blvd., I-95.
• Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Shippan Ave. will be directed north onto Shippan Ave to access Elm St., Myrtle Ave, I-95, E. Main St.
• Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Soundview Ave. will utilize Soundview Ave or Willowbrook Ave to Cove Rd.
• Foot traffic at Cummings Park will be released first, followed by vehicles.